- Bill Fry (N5BRY)
- Trent Owens (AG1TX)
- Avery McIntosh (N7ALM)
- Pierre Catala (WA1UAT)
- Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- Bill Rose (K5WTR)
- Garrett Martin (W5HVS)
- Don Ling (WB5CKO)
- Ken Reeves (KE5FIV)
- Joe Napoli (KG5SDF)
- Ralph Cobb (W5RYC)
- Michael Narcowich (KI5BPO)
- David Cook (KI5GDX)
- Lorna Flansburg (KI5FIZ)
- Lance Smith (KI5ETF)
- Brad Snyder (KG5SDE)
- Jace Nelson (KE0MXN)
- John Walpole (K5ZY)
- Mike Wisby (KA5HIA)
- Bennie Naiser (KA5TWB)
- Joshua Cook (KF5TYX)
- Dick Zimmer (W5DZ)
- Harold Turbyfill (KG5SDG)
- Jim Snell (W0PMO)
- Gina Miller (K5GKM)
- Jeff French (KM5TW)
Silent Key Ceremony
In Memory of our friend and club member Bill Fry (N5BRY)
President Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
Unfortunately we are not going to have our regular, in person, monthly meeting this Saturday 06/20/20. Instead we will have an on-air, NET style, meeting at the same time.
- Saturday - 10/17/2020 at 09:30 on the 146.680 repeater.
- We will also have a Zoom meeting available during the meeting. Details will be emailed out.
I added radials to my hf vertical. Matches up better but have a lot of noise. Worked some mild dx into central Mexico and a few contests.
ARRL has several event stations coming soon. Check their website HERE for a complete list.
- 10/18/2019 Special event celebrating the 80th Anniversary of the US Coast Guard Auxiliary established by act of Congress in 1939.
A lot of great opportunities for contests coming up! Visit Contests.arrl.org for a complete list.
Birthday of US Navy is today. Midway was on air last Saturday.
Prompt: Do you use an external speaker? If so, What do you use?
Vice-President Rick Pfeil (KI5DUJ)
Unavailable this evening..
Ideas for presentations? Please let us know!
Secretary Trent Owens (AG1TX)
Big thank you to our President, Phil Gates (N5ZKF) for running the NET last week while I was out of town.
If anyone is interested in controlling a net, please let me know!
Treasurer Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB)
- Unavailable this evening…
Announcements / Comments
Mike Wisby (KA5HIA)
- I use Kenwood ts830s. Matching Kenwood sp230 external speaker with several filters.
- vhf & uhf both go through a bookshelf speakers as they sound better
Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- For many years I used a speaker from an old film projector.
- In the car I use a Motorola brand speakers
- My scanner is on an external cb radio speaker.
Garrett Martin (W5HVS)
- I have hearing trouble hearing, specially HAM Radio recieve audio. I researched and use the Heil Parametric Receive Audio System and it is absolutely fantastic! Highly recommend for anyone that has hearing loss.
Bill Rose (K5WTR)
- My station speaker is an old Knight-kit speaker I made when I was 14 years old. Big wooden box. Works great with 2m simplex!
- HF is a Kenwood sp70
Brad Snyder (KG5SDE)
- I use a Palstar sp30H on hf rig sounds great and really loud.
Don Ling (WB5CKO)
- Any idea if / when we’ll have a meeting at red cross? n5zkf: Still don’t have a meeting place. At red cross we were secondary. They are still closed and not allowing anyone else in their office. wb5cko: I’m all in for an open air meeting.
Buy / Sell
Dick Zimmer (W5DZ)
- I have to many oscilloscopes. Lab type scopes 1741A Techtronics 465: $100 each
Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- I have in the box pair of BF888s UHF HT radios.
Joe Napoli (KG5SDF)
- Need help with an audio problem on 40M tonight after the net.