- Trent Owens (AG1TX)
- Don Ling (WB5CKO)
- Karsten Pearce (KG5YRX)
- David Cook (KI5GDX)
- Ron Hambric (N5SBN)
- Lorna Flansburg (KI5FIZ)
- Jeremy Carter (KF5YAA)
- Rick Swaims (W5RTF)
- Brad Snyder (KG5SDE)
- Bill Rose (K5WTR)
- Joe Napoli (KG5SDF)
- Joshua Cook (KF5TYX)
- Lance Smith (KI5ETF)
- Tom Small (N1TOV)
- Ralph Cobb (W5RYC)
- Jeff French (KM5TW)
- Dick Zimmer (W5DZ)
- Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB)
- Mike Wisby (KA5HIA)
- Harold Turbyfill (KG5SDG)
- Bennie Naiser (KA5TWB)
- Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- Jonathan Graham (KD5GG)
About .2" of rain at my house today.
Please use common sense with the virus. Restrictions are easing but the virus remains. Please stay safe!
Still monitoring the situation for VE testing. Online testing is a possibility with the FCC. Our VEC is in contact with ARRL for viable options.
ARRL has a landing page for current contests and ones coming soon. Check their website HERE for a complete list.
A lot of changes to the club website, quite a bit of work being done.
Elected officials announcing plans to getting our lives restarted. Please be safe as we restart. No word just yet on our meetings. Officers are watching the situation closely and we will make an announcement.
CW Academy has openings for their fall CW classes, please check out their website if you are interested in learning CW.
- CW OPS providing “On Air” coaching. On the air every evening at 7pm their time. They are located around the world so there is generally someone around the clock available to help you with your CW.
- Operating Frequency: 7.035-7.045
- CW Academy Facebook Page
Prompt for discussion: What was your first HAM Radio and what did you like or dislike about it?
ARRL has several special event stations coming soon. Check their website HERE for a complete list.
- If you are interested in a SES, please check their website to confirm that they will be on the air as many of the events are being postponed.
- Park reserved for some sort of field day. Monitoring the pandemic and developing ideas for some sort of radio operating for field day.
If you are interested in being net control, please let me or one of the officers know.
Contest University has canceled their “in person” course for this year and have announced a FREE online class via Zoom. Would be good for those of you interested in contesting or as a brush up for Field Day to help our club score.
All quiet on the treasurer’s end.
- No debits
- No Credits
Announcements / Comments
Dick Zimmer (W5DZ)
Allstar Repeater: Problems with the feedline. Has high SWR. Is acting as a repeater but is not linked at the moment. ARES NET tonight at 8:30pm on 443.425
Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB)
- Radio in the park: this Saturday at 10-11am until whenever. Not a club sponsored event! Everyone is invited.
- FT 208 single band handheld. 2.5W from a store in Houston that isn’t there anymore.
Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- First amateur radio was a FT470 handheld. I used it for everything and was a great radio.
- Don’t forget this weekend is Mother’s Day and also Nurse’s Day.
Joe Napoli (KG5SDF)
- National all band radio. SW Receiver. TX was built by me.
Jonathan Graham (KD5GG)
- HAMCOM has been canceled this June.
David Cook (KI5GDX)
- uv-5r has been a very good starter radio. Especially for working the repeaters.
Buy / Sell