- Trent Owens (AG1TX)
- Ernie Pyle (KI5WG)
- James Cravey (KG5ZTZ)
- Bob Christian (KE5GHM)
- Joshua Cook (KF5TYX)
- Karsten Pearce (KG5YRX)
- David Cook (KI5GDX)
- Lance Smith (KI5ETF)
- Don Ling (WB5CKO)
- John Walpole (K5ZY)
- Tom Small (N1TOV)
- Joe Napoli (KG5SDF)
- Avery McIntosh (N7ALM)
- Ty Weaver (KG5RKI)
- Bill Rose (K5WTR)
- Dick Zimmer (W5DZ)
- Bob Henglein (W5GC)
- Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB)
- Harold Turbyfill (KG5SDG)
- Jim Snell (W0PMO)
- Ralph Cobb (W5RYC)
- Jim Laird (KF5YY)
- Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- Congratulations to Bob Christian (KE5GHM) on passing his test!
- Transcribing KF5WGJ presentation on the Raspberry Pi and will have that resource posted to the website shortly.
- Need club members to serve on the club’s nominating committee to help in narrowing down a slate of officers for next year. Please contact Phil Gates (N5ZKF) if you are interested.
- Great turnout for the dinner social last Thrusday. Had roughly 18 - 20 and enjoyed good food, good company and conversation with all who made it out.
- Wanting to form a volunteer “Elmer group” of hams willing to spend a few minutes, when needed, helping other hams in the area with questions about our hobby. Have a couple people who have responded, and we appreciate them. Still looking for a few more to form a register of people willing to help, please contact Phil Gates (N5ZKF) if you are interested in helping, dont need to be an expert!
- Please bring your “go kits” to our next meeting. For our presentation we will have show-and-tell where you can display your handywork and how you put together your go kit. It can be anything from a backpack and a HT to a full rack kit.
- Our volunteer web administrator is making headway on our Listserv problem and is working diligently with to get it up and running.
- ARRL has several event stations comming soon. Check their website HERE for a complete list.
- VHF/UHF opening up lately. Had a surprise QSO with a person on UHF calling station.
- We will have a VE Test Session at our next meeting (10/19/2019) starting at 8am before our meeting starts at 9:30am. We will also have “Radio in the Park” following our meeting. Radio in the park will be in Tanglewood park off of Carter Creek Pkw.
- First HF contact in a couple months Roatan Island DXpedition.
- Previous Net minutes have been posted to the website.
- I will be out of the state during one of the Nets in mid November and will need to have someone control the net. Please get in touch with me or Phil Gates (N5ZKF) if you have interest in running the net.
- All quiet on the Treasurer’s end.
- Donut shortage at the last meeting. Please help contribute to cover donuts and kolaches for our meetings.
- If you are renewing or applying for a new ARRL membership, please go through the club as we get a small kickback for your renewal or new membership to the ARRL.
Announcements / Comments
Dick Zimmer (W5DZ)
- ARES net meets on the frist Tuesday of the month following this net on 443.425 repeater.
Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- Railroad, UP is celebrating 150th aniversary of transcontinental RR completion. Taking #4014 big boy steam engine. It will be in Bryan on November 8th.
- Wondering if anyone will have table space at Belton Ham Fest this weekend?
John Walpole (K5ZY) will be at Belton Ham fest from Thursday - Saturday tailgating with tables.
Ty Weaver (KG5RKI)
- Sending up a weather balloon in BCS area in a 1-2 months. It will have APRS Beacon, GPS tracker and a video downlink to a couple of GoPro cameras. Should get to the edge of space and see the curvature of the earth. Thinking about putting an inexpensive repeater. Need a local helium source.
- Wondering why the repeater has so much noise.
Tom Small (N1TOV)
- Repeat ARES Net frequency: 443.425 pl 127.3