Monthly Club Meeting Minutes
- President: Phil Gates (N5ZKF) present
- Vice President: Rick Pfeil (KI5DUJ) absent
- Secretary: Trent Owens (AG1TX) present
- Treasurer: Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB) present
- Trent Owens (AG1TX)
- Avery McIntosh (N7ALM)
- Loyd Rowe, Jr. (KA5LXK)
- Bennie Naiser (KA5TWB)
- Lance Smith (KI5ETF)
- Brad Snyder (KG5SDE)
- Mike Wisby (KA5HIA)
- Ralph Cobb (W5RYC)
- Jeff McDowell (KI5CES)
- Dick Zimmer (W5DZ)
- Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB)
- Gina Miller (K5GKM)
- Vic Pears (KX8V)
- Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- Gerald Golub (W5VUI)
- Jim Laird (KF5YY)
- David Cook (KI5GDX)
- Joshua Cook (KF5TYX)
- Jonathan Graham (KD5GG)
- Harold Turbyfill (KG5SDG)
- Lester Bashaw (KE5RVY)
Welcome to our 4th “on air” monthly club “BARC: W5BCS” meeting!
- Current meeting place, Red Cross, is unavailable to us, due to the pandemic, until further notice and our monthly meetings will be on the air until we can lock down a meeting place.
I have been working on History of club and I want to thank the members that I have helped me so far!
- Started loosely in the 50’s as a breakfast meeting
- Formally founded in 1975.
- Participate in this ground breaking, virtual international amateur radio expo. Packed with world renowned speakers, exhibitors, and special conference rooms built on a virtual reality platform. Attend from the convenience of your desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
International Lighthouse Lightship Weekend - ILLW Normally held on the 3rd full weekend in August This year: 00.01 UTC 22nd August to 2400 UTC 23rd August 2020 (48 hours)
- Still a lot of contests and Special Event Stations happening
Comet neowize CLICK HERE FOR INFO is visible this week right after sundown NW just under big dipper.
- Comes around very 6,800 years!
You get access to several publications with your ARRL membership:
Teaching Amateur radio.
- Please let me know if you are interested in teaching HAM radio related subjects!
Club’s IRS filing has been completed with the State and the Federal Gov.
This last field day we enjoyed the use of the ARES crank-up tower and we ended up losing the rotator. We are currently exploring replacing the rotator. I would like to propose the club purchase a light weight rotator:
Gerald Golub (W5VUI): I have one of the exact rotors that went. Maybe a second set.
I have been working on a digital clock kit from qrp kits. It can use a gps signal to make it very accurate. I have had a lot of fun working on it.
- Prompt for today: Have you ever built a kit like that?
Vice President KI5DUJ
Unavailable this morning..
Phil Gates (N5ZKF): Rick would appreciate anyone that would like to make an educational presentation for the club. If you have something that you would like to present to the club that is HAM or HAM related, please contact a Rick or a club officer.
Previous meeting’s minutes have been emailed and posted to the website for the past month without question or comments.
If you are interested in being net control, please let me or one of the officers know. Even if you are just curious about NET control and have questions, feel free to ask.
Field Day: I believe I have everything to submit to ARRL. Deadline is 28th of this month and I’ll announce the totals and compare to years past.
- Statement Details:
- Previous Ballance: $5,520.09
- Deposit: $50.00
- Current Ballance: $5,570.09
- Statement Details:
- Deposit $64: a membership renewal and an ARRL membership
- One check to ARRL: $47 and a $200 check for club insurance.
You can renew or join the club at any time!
- Click here for instructions
- Join or renew ARRL through the club as we get a kickback. Not much but every little bit helps!
- Make checks out to the Club and we will send the funds to the ARRL.
No questions or comments on old business was heard..
New Business, Announcements or Comments
Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- DSTAR Repeater stack in town that is in need of some attention. I am going to work with Paul Bilke and others to get the repeater in better shape.
Vic Pears (KX8V)
- built a lot of kits, heath kits, knight kit, etc. Sure would like to see a line of kits available again.
Jim Laird (KF5YY)
- CAPs kit that had a regenerative receiver on it that I heard astronauts on. It was very interesting and fun build.
Ralph Cobb (W5RYC)
- Built a couple of Heath kits hw16 novice receiver, cw only. hg10b vfo when fcc changed the rules. I still have them!
Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- Antique Electronics Supply has a lot of kits, tubes and components for kits:
- Supply a parts kit for “Pine Board AM Transmitter” Kit
Health and Welfare / Good of the Order
- If anyone needs help with anything please reach out to the club. You can contact any of the officers at:
VE Test Session
Gerald Golub (W5VUI)
We had a test session for field day. If you have any questions about that session, please email me:
Next test session is TBD. We don’t have a location for our club meetings or test sessions yet but will need to find a location and abide by .gov guidelines. If you would like to test, please email me and I’ll put you on a list.
- As of now, the meeting will be on July 15, 2020 at 9:30am and unless our current situation changes, will be held “On Air” in a NET style meeting on the 146.680 repeater. Please check the website and/or our Tuesday evening NETs @ 8 PM local time for the most current information regarding our meetings.
Next Meeting: 2020-08-15 09:30
_No Presentation Scheduled This Month..