Monthly Club Meeting Minutes
- President: Phil Gates (N5ZKF) present
- Vice President: Rick Pfeil (KI5DUJ) present
- Secretary: Trent Owens (AG1TX) present
- Treasurer: Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB) present
- Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB)
- Trent Owens (AG1TX)
- Bob Christian (KE5GHM)
- Joe Napoli (KG5SDF)
- James Cravey (KG5ZTZ)
- Gerald Golub (W5VUI)
- Tom Small (N1TOV)
- Connor Farrell (WG1GEM)
- Lorna Flansburg (KI5FIZ)
- Avery McIntosh (N7ALM)
- Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- Harold Turbyfill (KG5SDG)
- Ken Reeves (KE5FIV)
- Brad Snyder (KG5SDE)
- Bill Preston (KZ3G)
- Ralph Cobb (W5RYC)
- Rick Pfeil (KI5DUJ)
- Jim Snell (W0PMO)
- John Walpole (K5ZY)
- Jeff McDowell (KI5CES)
- Ron Hambric (N5SBN)
- Joshua Cook (KF5TYX)
- David Cook (KI5GDX)
- Jace Nelson (KE0MXN)
- Jonathan Graham (KD5GG)
- Paul Bilke (KF5WGJ)
- Mike Wisby (KA5HIA)
Mike Wisby approved as nonofficer business committee member.
Mark Hnatiuk (KG5EYV): CLICK HERE for a link to a web page that Hillier Funeral Home has put together to honor Mark.
- A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at St. Joseph Catholic Church on Saturday, February 22, 2020, at 10 am with a reception to follow.
- Mark’s family would appreciate donations made to Hospice Brazos Valley
Grateful to Charlie Culver (KD5DLW) for hosting 3 amateur radio repeaters! Unique photo with the old and new towers in place. Write call sign and a thank you on the matt of the picture
Vice President KI5DUJ
Houston ham fest march 6-7.
June 27-28 is Field day.
Briskets and beans are taken care of.
Need raffle items. Need door prizes. Need donations. Thinking of ipad, guns, want to have tickets printed by May so we can have 6 weeks to sell
Merit badge on field day. Ron Hambric (N5SBN), Jeff McDowell (KI5CES) and to be point of contact with the scouts.
Club agreed to:
- Single ticket Door prizes connected to meal ticket sales,
- Separate door and raffle prize drawings.
Will have box at meetings for prize donation. Want door prizes for not just hams. Think of YLs, scouts and others attending.
Whataburger has been submitted to donate breakfast and maybe a door prize.
Anyone interested in controlling our Tuesday nets are more than welcome. Please let me know if you have any interest.
All back minutes have been uploaded to the website. Big thanks to Gerald Golub (W5VUI) for web site admin.
- $50 debit for cjs
- $463 membership renewals
- 49 people renewed/joined to date
- updating membership on website.
- If you bought $100 package from raffle last year, still need membership sheets.
ARRL Renewals - Renew through us as we get a kickback but you have to renew and pay us.
Donut/Kolaches, please tip as that comes out of the club dues.
Reserve field day sight asap. Rick will do Monday.
- Motion to not read previous meeting minutes.
- Motion by Jeff McDowell (KI5CES).
- Second by Brad Snyder (KG5SDE).
VE Test Session
Brad Snyder (KG5SDE) upgraded to Extra Class.
KI5HYL upgraded to General Class.
Radio in Park
- In April, Be thinking about it. Poorly attended. Different day? Different location?
Bryan Super Park Perm Location
Moving forward rapidly. Plans for a structure for gen purpose. Ask possibility for perm antenna, small locked closet, etc for permanent meeting space.
Buy in from membership. Bring in RACES and ARES to make look good.
Consider proposal to city.
- Research other cities doing similar
- Move from CS Park to Bryan
- Mesh network node
School club roundup 200,500 points
- Power supplies giving problems
- Winlink gateway located at KAMU tower was disconnected due to a risk assessment audit.
- Looking at a p-p mesh network microwave. Need equipment. ARDEN Ubiquity type.
- Very Large fundraiser bike ride. May 2-3. Changing the finish line to BCS. MS150 Ham Website
- Meets 2nd Monday of the month at 6:30pm @ Red Cross Office
- Next meeting is March 21, 2020 at 09:30
VE Test Session
- VE Test Session at 08:00 prior to the April 18 meeting mentioned above.
- Motion to adjourn by Joe Napoli (KG5SDF)
- seconded by Brad Snyder (KG5SDE)
Next Meeting: 2020-03-21 09:30
Presentation by Paul Bilke (KF5WGJ) FT8 messaging overlay JS8 Call